Saturday, September 20, 2008

TO REMEMBER>

TO REMEMBER…

It has to be remembered, in finishing this work on the Sun Signs; not everyone, astrologically, will agree with my findings, be critical of my explanations…But that is their right, as long as they do not assume their own interpretations to be the only ones that are correct. Like most things, it is up to the serious student to glean all forms of information they can, to gain the basics and then, only then, to set about determining what they believe to the one which works for them.
I am at pains to write that, should you be seriously considering to take astrology as a subject, then you might be also well instructed in the Bible and other religious works, as well as reading up on Mythology (Especially Greek Mythology, which I found to be very instructive as to basic lessons in characterization and natural psychology!)

Again; I remember when first reading Linda Goodman’s Sun-Signs, how impressed I was by her words, that one should make astrology as simple as possible. In this way, I draw up my charts, using only ‘Equal Housing’. Now, this might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it works for me. Then; I tend to keep only the major aspects in mind, the conjunctions, oppositions, trines and squares (More to the ‘Grand Aspects!). I dismiss retrogrades and the millions of ‘Clutter-Bugs’ which confuse a mind. My idea is to keep it simple, even though it is important to know all the details, the basics of astrology, so that you may argue with the astrological intelligentsia! And last of all, have fun with astrology and do not live by it. Use it as a tool whereby you can draw up another’s psychological ‘Fingerprint’. This is the modern-day usage of astrology; and do not be afraid to use all the computer software available.

Ron S King.

No comments: